Arrive and Drive - the quick and easy way to give karting a go!
Wednesday to Sunday, subject to availability - must be booked in advance.
Arrive and Drive is the easiest way to enjoy your first karting experience, or for seasoned drivers, to have a quick blast around the track with friends. With 'Adult-Only', 'Kids-Only' and 'Family Sessions' running every week, getting your karting fix couldn't be easier. All sessions need to be pre-booked so call us on 01642 231117 to book your slot. Every session starts with a face-to-face induction/refresher explaining how the karts work, as well as the basics of racing lines and karting etiquette. We have karts for all ages and sizes, 8 years and up.
Our Arrive and Drive family sessions allow adults to safely drive on the circuit with the younger members of their families, whereby the adults drive specially-designed single-engined adult karts that are, for the safety of the children karting, slower than our twin-engined karts.
Kids from 8 to 15 years old and at least 4' 6'' tall, can drive themselves on track after a thorough safety briefing. Younger children won't miss out as we have special two-seater karts that the adults can drive whilst sat alongside their child (the adult goes free when driving the two-seater kart - only the child is paid for). We never mix adult-only groups with family groups on track - only like-minded family groups.
If you haven't got time to take part in an organised kart race, you and your friends can still pop-in for a 15-minute or 30-minute Arrive and Drive karting session at Teesside Karting. Adult-only sessions take place on our National Circuit during the week, and our Arrive and Drive Circuit on weekends. All drivers for adult-only sessions must be over 16 years old.
Kids aged between 8 and 15 years old can drive themselves on track for either 15-minute or 30-minute Arrive and Drive sessions. We generally have availability for after-school hours on most weekdays, as well as weekend sessions. We never mix kids and adult-only groups for karting sessions, so kids will only ever be on track with other kids or family groups in karts designed to be used together in safety.
How much does it cost?
- Adults: £20 for 15 minutes, or £35 for 30 minutes.
- Kids: £15 for 15 minutes, or £25 for 30 minutes.
What circuit will I drive on?
- Our Clubman Circuit (shown in yellow) is used for Arrive and Drive sessions on Saturdays and Sundays.
- On Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, we use either our Clubman Circuit (shown in yellow) or our National Circuit (shown in green), depending upon availability.
What's in the package?
- Use of all safety equipment including a race suit and helmet, although gloves and balaclavas will need to be purchased at reception.
- Pre-race briefing: track safety, rules and regulations, how to manage the kart controls, circuit description and how best to drive it.
- Qualified first-aid support.
Who can take part?
- Adults aged 16 years and over.
- Kids aged 8-15 years and subject to assessment if under 4' 6".
- Twin-seater karts are available for younger children to be driven by their parents - please note these karts are heavily restricted for the child's safety.
What karts will I be driving?
- We have kids karts for children of all ages.
- In family sessions with adults and kids together, adults drive our single-engined adult karts.
- In the adult-only sessions on our National Circuit, adults can drive our twin-engined race karts.
When can I book?
- You can only book Arrive and Drive sessions 24 hours in advance by calling our office on 01642 231117.
- All weekend Arrive and Drive sessions will be held on our Clubman (Arrive and Drive) Circuit unless otherwise stated at the time of booking.